Logitech g29 racing wheel with a playseat

Discussion about home setup for video game racing. How to set up multiple monitors for a panoramic view. Discussion about different types of steering wheels, from Logitech g27, g29, to Fanatec, and Thrustmaster and others. Share pictures and specs of your setup. Tips on best results.
F1 Racer

Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:52 am

I use the Logitech G29 with a PS4. Playseat Revolution. Like the setup but it is not even close to what I have seen on Youtube. Love the Fanatec F1 racing wheel but it is pricey. Just not ready to get it.

One of the problems I encountered with the G29 is that the wheel circumference is a bit small. I think it would be easier to make sharp turns with a wider wheel. Because I sit at a point where my hands are vertical to the ground it makes it a bit more difficult to turn. Not a deal breaker.

I am sure it is much better then playing with a gamepad. I do not know how people play with with a pad and set record laps. Guess it is just a matter of getting used to it.
RacerGT

Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:22 am

Pretty sure many of the top lap times are set with a game pad. Quicker reaction times when you lose traction. Much more difficult to do with a steering wheel. Maybe F1 cars in the future will rely on a game pad type steering wheel.